On June 21st, CAI traveled to Ben’s Kosher Deli in Riverdale for a Lunch & Learn with Rabbi Edelman. Everyone enjoyed the wonderful company, delicious food, and personal tour of the facility led by Rabbi Edelman.
SATURDAY: June 8th Welcoming Shavuot 2019/5779. Open and Free to members of CAI and TBJ and the entire Community
6:45 PM Shabbat Mincha Service
7:20 PM Dairy Dinner by CAI in anticipation of Shavuot
7:30 PM Yizkor Service for TBJ
8:00 PM #1 Learning Offered by TBJ & CAI members
8:35 PM #2 Learning Offered by TBJ & CAI members
9:10 PM Havdalah concludes Shabbat/Candle Lighting Begins Shavuot/Kiddush sanctifies Shavuot/Dessert in honor of the Holiday.
9:45 PM ALL Study with Rabbi Larry Freedman
10:20 PM All Study with Rabbi Moshe Edelman
11:00 PM Conclusion of teaching. Yom Tov Shavuot MaAriv service in Small Sanctuary
SUNDAY: June 9th Day One of Shavuot Open and Free to members of CAI and TBJ and the entire Community
9:15 AM Yom Tov Services begin Pseuke D’Zimra, Shacharit, Hallel (psalms of praise), Torah and Haftorah Reading, Musaf (concluding service).
11:15 AM Study Session with Rabbi Moshe Edelman
12:15 PM Kiddush Luncheon for all
1:00 PM Study Session with Rabbi Moshe Edelman
ENJOY the REMAINDER OF YOUR SHAVUOT DAY
SUNDAY June 9th Conclusion of Day One/Start of Day Two
7:30 PM Mincha/MaAriv services
8:15 PM Brief Study Session w/ Rabbi Moshe Edelman (30 minutes)
MONDAY June 10th Day Two of Shavuot( open to all)
9:00 AM Yom Tov Services begin Pseuke D’Zimra, Shacharit, Hallel,
10:00 AM Study Session-Reading of Megillat Ruth (4 chapters) with Rabbi Moshe Edelman
10:45 AM Torah Service & Haftorah Reading
11:15 AM YIZKOR Memorial Service
11:45 AM Musaf (concluding service)
12:30 PM Kiddush refreshments
1:00 PM Study Session with Rabbi Moshe Edelman (45 min.)
ENJOY the REMAINDER OF YOUR SHAVUOT YOM TOV DAY
Shavuot concludes at 9:10 PM on Monday
TOPICS FOR STUDY SESSIONS INCLUDE:
- Ruth: A study in themes and texts: Names, Famines, Conversion, Acts of Hesed, Levirate Marriage Roots of the Messiah
- What Happened on Mt. Sinai! Tough?? What Scholars Ask About the Revelation of the Torah?
- Three One Night Stands!! In Vayera, VaYeshev and Ruth. Illicit Sex Has Consequences. Hard to Believe!
- Serach bat Asher: Keeper of All Secrets-The Woman Who Lived Forever. Granddaughter of Jacob
- What’s In A Name The Many Names of Shavuot
- Mentslichkeit =Yiddishkeit– Talmudic lessons on Ethical behavior
- Legends of Israel and Jerusalem. Inspiring midrashim
We have set up a trip to see Fiddler on the Roof. This is an absolutely fabulous production, in Yiddish with English supertitles. Produced by the National Yiddish Theatre Folksbiene, this production had a recent sold out run at the Museum of Jewish Heritage and is now moving to Stage 42, on 42nd Street, NYC. We have reserved a block of seats for Sunday matinee, June 2, 2019 at 1:00 PM. The cost for group orchestra seats is $109.00.
Please call Maryjean at (845) 562-5604 if you would like to reserve a seat. Seats must be paid for by May 15, 2019.
On Sunday, February 3rd, Rabbi Cella led the morning minyon in participating in the 2019 World Wide Wrap. First timers learned how to put on Tefillin with the help of our experienced congregants. After services, we enjoyed a delicious brunch along with additional learning on the ritual of Tefillin.
Shalom to the Members of Congregation Agudas Israel and the Jewish community of Newburgh and Friends Near and Wide:
We are pleased to advise you that our community now has freshly baked kosher bagels (pareve).
The production is supervised on a regular basis by Rabbi Moshe Edelman, one of our rabbis, to assure you of a quality product and to ensure you of a guaranteed standard of Jewish dietary acceptance.
From the flour to the making of the dough; from the dough to the bagel presentation (twisting); from the boiling of the bagels (in a dedicated huge pot) to their baking (in a special bagel only oven); every ingredient is under strict “HASHGACHA”, rabbinic supervision, in factories and on location Look for our certificate of supervision in the stores.
Please shop at Downtown Bagels located in the Mid Valley Mall 47 North Plank Rd, Suite 10 in Newburgh and Miracle Bagels 372 Windsor Hwy, New Windsor.
TELL THE OWNERS THAT YOU HEARD ABOUT THEM FROM CONGREGATION AGUDAS ISRAEL.
Spend a lively social evening with Rabbi Margie Cella and hear her fascinating story:
“I Never Really Did Like Kool -Aid: My Fifty Year Journey from Jesus to the Rabbinate”.
Many of you have been asking to hear the story of Rabbi Cella’s journey to Judaism along with her husband and children, and then her continued journey which led her to the rabbinate. She promises you will not be bored!
We will gather at the Rabbinage for wine and cheese, hear this unusual story and enjoy coffee and cake. Please RSVP to the office at (845) 562-5604 .
Looking forward to offering our thanks with PJ library tomorrow at 10:30am in the Copans Library. We will start with Havdalah, do a craft, sing songs, read PJ library books and have coffee for the grownups and donuts for everyone! Hope you have as much fun as we do!
Good afternoon. I’m always looking for new ways of reaching our community. Here is a reminder to go vote today with a connection to this week’s parsha. It’s one take, so I can’t edit it, but you get the point.
Interesting linksHere are some interesting links for you! Enjoy your stay :)
- Rabbi Rosner’s Shabbat Sermon on August 3, 2019August 15, 2019 - 10:31 am
- June 22nd: CREATING PERSONAL KEDUSHA, BUILDING A COMMUNAL KEDUSHA JEWISH LEARNING-JEWISH LIVING- JEWISH LEADING-LAUGHING AND LOVING.June 25, 2019 - 2:50 pm
- June 8th: SHABBAT PARSHAT BA’MIDBARJune 11, 2019 - 2:45 pm
- May 25, 2019: Parshat BEHAR Sermon by Rabbi Moshe EdelmanMay 28, 2019 - 8:26 pm
- November 3, 2018 Parshat Chaye Sarah. After Pittsburgh. (Rabbi Margie Cella)December 20, 2018 - 11:37 am
- CAI Lunch & Learn with Rabbi Edelman at Ben’s DeliJune 25, 2019 - 2:41 pm
- Rabbi Cella’s Rabbinical OrdinationMay 28, 2019 - 6:32 pm
- Shavuot Services and ProgramMay 15, 2019 - 2:22 pm
- CAI Trip to see Fiddler on the Roof in Yiddish in New York City on June 2ndFebruary 28, 2019 - 9:15 am
- Congregation Agudas Israel Speaker SeriesFebruary 28, 2019 - 9:11 am