DEVARIM IT’S LIKE A TOURIST ITINERARY OF THE DAMNED EL PASO, DAYTON– COLUMBINE, VIRGINIA TECH, SANDY HOOK, ORLANDO, LAS VEGAS, PARKLAND. PITTSBURGH, POWAY. AND NOW EL PASO AND DAYTON THIS HAPPENS WITH SUCH FREQUENCY IN NO OTHER NATION. AND THIS WEEK NEW MOURNERS WERE CREATED TWICE IN ONE DAY.. A NEW RITUAL IS BEING CREATED […]
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud slicker contributed a whooping 34 entries.
Entries by slicker
CREATING PERSONAL KEDUSHA, BUILDING A COMMUNAL KEDUSHA JEWISH LEARNING-JEWISH LIVING- JEWISH LEADING-LAUGHING AND LOVING. MY CHILDREN GREW UP ON SESAME STREET. MY CHILDREN ARE MARRIED AND I HAVE 9 GRANDCHILDREN. SESAME STREET IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY A NUMBER AND A LETTER. THIS PRESENTATION IS BEING BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE LETTER L AND THE […]
On June 21st, CAI traveled to Ben’s Kosher Deli in Riverdale for a Lunch & Learn with Rabbi Edelman. Everyone enjoyed the wonderful company, delicious food, and personal tour of the facility led by Rabbi Edelman.
SHABBAT PARSHAT BA’MIDBAR June 8thNewburgh NY Today is the 49thday of the Omer. We are celebrating into the 71styear of Medinat Yisrael and the 52ndyear of the unified Yerushalayim I turn to the lessons of the Neviim, the prophets on this eve of Shavuot. In today’s Haftorah of Parshat Ba’Midbar, we read from the book […]
SERMON for Cong Agudas Israel Newburgh Parshat Behar 5779 What is the correlation of today’s Torah reading with the old television favorite, featuring the lollipop sucking Telly Savalas, Kojak? Many years ago, Kojak was not only a popular show, but it had a run of interest in Israel as well. The episodes in […]
We have set up a trip to see Fiddler on the Roof. This is an absolutely fabulous production, in Yiddish with English supertitles. Produced by the National Yiddish Theatre Folksbiene, this production had a recent sold out run at the Museum of Jewish Heritage and is now moving to Stage 42, on 42nd Street, NYC. […]
On Sunday, February 3rd, Rabbi Cella led the morning minyon in participating in the 2019 World Wide Wrap. First timers learned how to put on Tefillin with the help of our experienced congregants. After services, we enjoyed a delicious brunch along with additional learning on the ritual of Tefillin.
AfterPittsburgh On August 5, 2012 a gunman entered a Sikh Temple in Oak Park, Michigan and murdered 6 people as they prayed. On June 17, 2015 a gunman entered an African Methodist Episcopal church in Charleston, South Carolina and killed 9 people as they studied the sacred text of the Bible. Almost exactly one year ago […]
Interesting linksHere are some interesting links for you! Enjoy your stay :)
- A Message from Rabbi Jacob RosnerAugust 27, 2020 - 5:20 pm
- High Holiday Message from Rabbi JacobAugust 27, 2020 - 5:04 pm
- Rabbi Rosner’s Shabbat Sermon on August 3, 2019August 15, 2019 - 10:31 am
- June 22nd: CREATING PERSONAL KEDUSHA, BUILDING A COMMUNAL KEDUSHA JEWISH LEARNING-JEWISH LIVING- JEWISH LEADING-LAUGHING AND LOVING.June 25, 2019 - 2:50 pm
- June 8th: SHABBAT PARSHAT BA’MIDBARJune 11, 2019 - 2:45 pm
- Upcoming Virtual Classes, Services and Activities at Congregation Agudas Israel, Temple Beth Jacob and Newburgh JCCOctober 19, 2020 - 2:50 am
- Scholar in Residence: Mihai Grunfeld,PhD – A 2nd Generation Holocaust Survivor PerspectiveOctober 18, 2020 - 5:35 pm
- 2nd Annual Bark-Mitzvah at Congregation Agudas IsraelOctober 17, 2020 - 5:20 pm
- Join with us for the CAI Walking Club!October 15, 2020 - 6:59 pm
- Congregation Agudas Israel Movie ClubOctober 14, 2020 - 8:49 am