Elul is upon us. Rosh Hashanah is a month away. Rabbis are frantic. Cantors are frantic. What about you? What does this time mean for you? Is it a time when you reflect on the year that has been? Or is it just another month? Do you plan for the future? Do Chesbon hanefesh/an accounting of […]
About CAI Rabbi
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud CAI Rabbi contributed a whooping 27 entries.
Entries by CAI Rabbi
We are blessed to be having company for Shabbat dinner this week. We will be asking our guests questions as part of https://onetable.org/togetheratthetable/ We will find a positive spin on the craziness that has been this week. Shabbat is a gift to us. It is an opportunity to be apart rather than a part of the regular […]
Growing up in the suburbs of Atlanta, the history of the Civil Rights movement was real and present. Yet even there, it felt like history. Sure, we knew there were "rednecks" who still spoke vile words, yet the only time anyone ever yelled "Kike" at me was walking to shul with a large group of […]
We are so glad you are here.
You make our community great!
Hope is the possibility of change. You can do it!
Looking for hope? Sometimes we have to create it.
Note: These were my notes for Parshat Mattot-Maasei. The spoken version rarely coincides with what I wrote, but it should give you an idea of my thought process! וַיְדַבֵּ֤ר מֹשֶׁה֙ אֶל־רָאשֵׁ֣י הַמַּטּ֔וֹת לִבְנֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל לֵאמֹ֑ר זֶ֣ה הַדָּבָ֔ר אֲשֶׁ֖ר צִוָּ֥ה Hashem׃ Moses spoke to the heads of the Israelite tribes, saying: This is what the LORD […]
Life is not just ritual. Religion is not only prayer. In order to be connected to our heritage, we must look beyond our four walls. Once a month we read a book. Sometimes they are Jewish authors. Sometimes Jewish content. Sometimes they just strike our fancy and inspire interesting conversation. This month we explored love, […]
Anywhere we go is a place to study Torah. (Well maybe not the bathroom, but almost anywhere! In fact there is a story that the Lubavitcher Rebbe would study his biology homework there, but that's a different conversation. I enjoy supporting our local businesses. Tuesday and Wednesday mornings, I can be found at 2Alices Coffee […]
Interesting linksHere are some interesting links for you! Enjoy your stay :)
- November 3, 2018 Parshat Chaye Sarah. After Pittsburgh. (Rabbi Margie Cella)December 20, 2018 - 11:37 am
- PARSHAT VA’YIGASH; DVAR TORAH CAI.12.15.18 (Rabbi Moshe Edelman)December 20, 2018 - 11:32 am
- ROSH HASHANA 5779: HOW TO STOP YOUR “NEW REGRETS NOW! (Rabbi Moshe Edelman)December 20, 2018 - 11:27 am
- Elul continuedAugust 27, 2017 - 3:55 pm
- The true meaning of ShabbatAugust 18, 2017 - 1:56 pm
- Shavuot Services and ProgramMay 15, 2019 - 2:22 pm
- Meet Al Kustanowitz who will speak about The World of Jewish Humor on Sunday April 7th at 9:30am at Congregation Agudas IsraelMarch 28, 2019 - 1:10 pm
- Meet Jules Gutin – Sunday, March 31st 9:30AM at Congregation Agudas Israel, 290 North St., NewburghMarch 28, 2019 - 11:16 am
- CAI Purim Dinner & Megillah ReadingFebruary 28, 2019 - 2:59 pm
- CAI Trip to see Fiddler on the Roof in Yiddish in New York City on June 2ndFebruary 28, 2019 - 9:15 am