Dear friends, After a week of unseasonably warm weather, we find ourselves again in Winter. How do we cope with these rapid changes? How do we find ourselves in Spring, Summer and Winter all in the same 10 days? Our tradition offers us suggestions. Ecclesiastes reminds us that there is nothing new under the sun. […]
About CAI Rabbi
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud CAI Rabbi contributed a whooping 27 entries.
Entries by CAI Rabbi
Looking forward to offering our thanks with PJ library tomorrow at 10:30am in the Copans Library. We will start with Havdalah, do a craft, sing songs, read PJ library books and have coffee for the grownups and donuts for everyone! Hope you have as much fun as we do!
Good afternoon. I’m always looking for new ways of reaching our community. Here is a reminder to go vote today with a connection to this week’s parsha. It’s one take, so I can’t edit it, but you get the point.
On November 12 we will have Jen Glantz. You can read about her here: https://www.jenglantz.com/ It will be a blast!
What do you do on Sunday? After the blessing of Shabbat do you run around and get all your errands done before another workweek begins? At Congregation Agudas Israel, we are turning the SECOND SUNDAY of the month into a very special social day. Each month we have a new activity, movie, author, topic, and […]
YK Yizkor 5778 2017 Yom Kippur Sep 30, 2017 Rabbi Philip Weintraub Congregation Agudas Israel In 1965 John Lennon and Paul McCartney wrote: There are places I remember All my life though some have changed Some forever not for better Some have gone and some remain All these places have their moments With lovers […]
YK Kol Nidre 5778 2017 Yom Kippur Sep 29, 2017 Rabbi Philip Weintraub Congregation Agudas Israel On the day of the eclipse, we were in Montreal. The kids were playing in a playground, because when you plan a trip with museums, great restaurants and interesting activities, the most fun children will have is always […]
Sephardic Jews begin their preparations for Rosh Hashanah when Elul begins. In addition to the daily blasts of the shofar, they begin waking up early and reciting Selichot, prayers of forgiveness and atonement. They ask the Holy One to remember Her conversation with Moshe after the golden calf, to remember the 13 attributes of mercy, […]
Thanks to Sharon Sarna for joining us and the Jewish Federation Of Greater Orange County for sponsoring. We are learning about babka! What a delicious way to spend the afternoon. Some of the lessons we learned, with amazing photos can be found on Amazon: Modern Jewish Baker: Challah, Babka, Bagels and More Important lesson-buy high […]
Every day is a winding road, said Sheryl Crow and the Beatles. Life changes in ways we are never quite prepared for. As a hurricane visits friends and family, making their lives more challenging, it reminds us of the hurricanes we have overcome. When tragedy strikes what do we do? Do we hide […]
Interesting linksHere are some interesting links for you! Enjoy your stay :)
- November 3, 2018 Parshat Chaye Sarah. After Pittsburgh. (Rabbi Margie Cella)December 20, 2018 - 11:37 am
- PARSHAT VA’YIGASH; DVAR TORAH CAI.12.15.18 (Rabbi Moshe Edelman)December 20, 2018 - 11:32 am
- ROSH HASHANA 5779: HOW TO STOP YOUR “NEW REGRETS NOW! (Rabbi Moshe Edelman)December 20, 2018 - 11:27 am
- Elul continuedAugust 27, 2017 - 3:55 pm
- The true meaning of ShabbatAugust 18, 2017 - 1:56 pm
- CAI Purim Dinner & Megillah ReadingFebruary 28, 2019 - 2:59 pm
- CAI Trip to see Fiddler on the Roof in Yiddish in New York City on June 2ndFebruary 28, 2019 - 9:15 am
- Congregation Agudas Israel Speaker SeriesFebruary 28, 2019 - 9:11 am
- Rabbi Cella leads CAI for the 2019 World Wide WrapFebruary 4, 2019 - 4:29 pm
- Downtown Bagels and Miracle Bagels are now certified Kosher (parve)November 29, 2018 - 7:51 pm